Thursday 10 April 2014

Hollywoof! I know, I'm cheesy...

I really haven't been keeping up-to-date with my blog much lately. I was dealing with the magazine project and later dealing with celebrating the magazine project being done. So needless to say, I've been busy.

Anyways! I think a famous dog blog post is way overdue. This is my list of best Hollywood dogs around. And yes, I was born in 1994 so some of the "classics" may not be included.

1. Marley- The movie was based on the 2005 autobiographical book by Josh Grogan. Marley, a yellow lab, was said to be the world's worst dog and I've never read the book but in the movie he seemed to be crazy. He was a dog that would have his owner's going insane from this high-strung personality and his rambunctiousness but he was so livable that they couldn't be mad, even though he was "the world's worst dog." I cry every time. Awesome movie and beautiful dog.

2. Skip- From the 2000 film My Dog Skip. A little boy is bullied and doesn't lead a vey exciting life until Skip, a Jack Russell Terrier comes into his life and changes everything. The spunky little dog becomes known all around the town and known as the boy's best friend. Skip shows the boy love and gives him courage. Once again, I cry every time.


3. Toto- From The Wizard of Oz! Toto was underrated in my opinion. Lots of people describe Toto, a Cairn Terrier, the black  as a minor character that's annoying but I loved him! What would The Wizard of Oz be without Dorothy telling Toto she has a feeling that they're not in Kansas anymore? Toto, way to go.

4. Scooby-Doo- The best! He points in the way that the crime is, he runs through doors, he jumps on Shaggy, he's a Great Dane, and he talks. He also goes Rooby-Dooby-Doo! Because he can't speak properly. Love him.

5. Beethoven - From the 1992 film Beethoven. Beethoven, a St. Bernard, scares off bullies, helps one of the family's daughters talk to her crush and helps the kids overcome all kinds of fears and struggles. He causes all kinds of shenanigans but just like Marley, the family can't help but love him and the skeptical father ends up loving Beethoven. Hilarious movie, awesome dog, full of slobber.

6. All 101 Dalmations- Enough said. Sooooo cute. And they're spotted! And there's 101 of them! I wish I had 101 dogs to roll around with.

7. Max & Maya- From the 2006 film Eight Below. One of the best dog movies ever, but very sad. Both dogs are Siberian Huskies and they're both beautiful. Max is the up and coming head honcho who is heroic and courageous and Maya is the noble and strong leader. The movie shows the adventures and struggles of a man's pack of sled dogs and tells the story of team work, love, commitment, and strength. I CRY EVERY TIME!! But it's unbelievably good. And Paul Walker is in it so that makes it also fantastic. Gorgeous dogs, fantastic movie.

Random number to stop at, but that's my list!

Here's some Diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment